Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Bricks and sunshine

Went to Brick's with family today.  So beautiful - we ate outside in the warm sunshine.  Ahhhh!

Watching The National Parks, America's Best Idea by Ken Burns. So great! Can't wait to read one of John Muir's wilderness books. God in nature.

  • “Let children walk with Nature, let them see the beautiful blendings and communions of death and life, their joyous inseparable unity, as taught in woods and meadows, plains and mountains and streams of our blessed star, and they will learn that death is stingless indeed, and as beautiful as life.”

    “God never made an ugly landscape. All that sun shines on is beautiful, so long as it is wild.”

    “I care to live only to entice people to look at Nature’s loveliness.”
    ― John Muir, Wilderness Essays

    I love the way John thinks....
  •  
  • I love the national geographic films. It's almost the next best thing to being there. Almost. Visiting as many National Parks as I can during my life is definitely top on my bucket list.
  •  
  •  

No comments:

Post a Comment