Friday, February 15, 2013

Katie's Thoughts ...


I've got a choice...

I can choose to continue to get swept into the madness, the fear mongering, the increasing levels of vitriole, the blatant and willful ignorance, and pure HATRED being spewed all over the airwaves right now, and out of the mouths of regular citizens.....with some of these citizens actually being people I have known for some time, and had previously thought to be good and caring people...
OR...
I can CHOOSE to see the spiritual SICKNESS that is underneath all of this....The moral deterioration taking place within the hearts of previously balanced and decent people, turning them into something other than fully human...and instead of hate and fear them, feel deep compassion and sorrow for them....They are losing touch with something essentially HUMAN- the ability to empathize with the pain and suffering of others..And for this, they are to be pitied, not hated...

It doesn't mean I won't still see the threat of this type of sickness....Their spiritual infection is contagious, and hurts others. I will still do whatever I can to counteract the damage they are doing...
But I don't have to HATE them in return. I don't need to dehumanize them....
I can fight for equality and justice, and still hold love, decency, honour and dignity in my heart...


I'm gonna try ♥  ~ Katie Maxwell-King



No comments:

Post a Comment