Monday, March 11, 2013

Swedish House Mafia - Don't you worry child Lyrics

  To see video, click on link above ^^^

 3/11/13  My youngest continues to have some difficulty here and there about his father's death and also an odd family rift which happened several years after Kevin's death.

Lately I've  noticed him playing a song over and over called "Don't you worry child" by Swedish Mafia.  This morning I downloaded the song (it's catchy and fun -- thought it would be a good running song).  I listened to the words for the first time and couldn't stop crying.  I now realize this has been a coping song for him.  I love you Zack - I'm listening and Chris and I are always here for you, buddy -- don't you worry my sweet child, heaven's got a plan for you. 

I was bawling this morning when I heard the lyrics.

As the grief counselor told me soon after Kevin's death, the loss of a loved one never goes away ... especially for young kids. It's all too much for their young brains to handle. He told me that through the years Zack and Austin would continue to go back into grief. Young children relive grief over and over . He was correct. This year was the first time that Zack connected the fact that Kevin's death day was also my birthday. He was very upset at school that day and had to come home. This is around the day he started playing this song. I like to believe it helps him. It also helps me to share this with others who may face the same thing one day

http://youtu.be/1y6smkh6c-0
"Don't You Worry Child"

There was a time
I used to look into my father's eyes.
In a happy home
I was a king, I had a gold throne.
Those days are gone,
Now the memory's on the wall.
I hear the songs
From the places where I was born.

Upon the hill across the blue lake,
That's where I had my first heartbreak.
I still remember how it all changed.
My father said,
"Don't you worry, don't you worry, child.
See heaven's got a plan for you.
Don't you worry, don't you worry now."

Remember sons - What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger:  http://youtu.be/CH_dWijufDo 

No comments:

Post a Comment