Sunday, April 26, 2015

On Moving Forward from Loss by Michelle Steinke

"It's always interesting to me when people use the phrase "move on" or they tell me that my remembrance of my late husband is a slight on my new husband. 

Listen, grief is not a 5 step process and new experiences, joy, or love do not end grief. 

Case in point, at dinner tonight my 6 year old son asked me a question about Mitch. I answered and he followed it up with: 

"Mommy, I wish my Daddy was still alive".

This was said in front of my new hubby and our combined kids. No slight intended by his innocent statement. Just the reality of a baby boy missing his Dad in Heaven. 

There is no moving on - there is just moving forward into a new normal. Yes it is possible to honor the past while embracing the present. Yes it is possible to grieve while living happily beyond loss. The two are never mutually exclusive."
~Michelle Steinke

About
Michelle Steinke, trainer, speaker, and founder of 1fw is here to encourage everyone to ignite their fire for life after great loss. www.onefitwidow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment